Choosing The Most Suitable Time
There are particular time blocks that we can be mindful about, and consciously take advantage of as we engage in the memorization of the noble Qur’aan. Some of these times are:
- When we find ourselves actively engaged in what we are doing, or especially engaged in what we are memorizing,
- When we are successful in keeping the mind free of things that keep the mind busy and all forms of distractions,
- When we are in full awareness of what we are reading,
- When we are able to concentrate the most,
- When we are most attentive and able to ward off drowsiness as we memorize.
Paying close attention to our daily activities and how we perform them will help us identify chunks of beneficial time that we tend to waste during each day. These time blocks occur most often during holidays and weekends when we have less to worry about and we are relaxed.
As Muslims, we must get in the habit of managing our time effectively, and using our time wisely overall. This is especially important when we are memorizing the noble Qur’aan. If we are able to identify time blocks such as those mentioned above, we will be able to allocate the list of things we are to do, based on what level of attention or focus they require, and the times of the day that we find ourselves experiencing the different levels of attention and alertness.
Some of the main benefits of distributing our time are:
- Renewing activity and vigor,
- Staying away from fatigue and boredom,
- Establishing a routine,
- Getting used to the rituals without being exhausted,
- Having the strong-will for diligence,
- And being mindful of wasting time in useless activities.
So, we should try to organize our time and distribute it well throughout the day and night. We should also prepare a schedule and determine the most suitable time for memorization throughout the week. If we are sincere about this step and establish a routine for the memorization of the noble Qur’aan, we will someday achieve our goal by the Will of Allah.
Sneak peek: Step 14 | Correcting the pronunciation and the Recitation/Reading.
The source and main material used in preparing the contents of this blog is the book, Ways of teaching the noble Qur’aan and memorizing it by Abu Abdrahman, Jamal ibn Ibrahim AlQirsh (طرائق تدريس القرآن الكريم وحفظه).